| Investing in the Future|
COVE is an essential investment in our communities!
COVE not only makes a difference in lives today, but future generations to come, One person at a time.
How You Can Get Involved Supporting the Operating Budget
COVE provides exceptional services to nearly 500 clients in Lake, Mason, and Oceana counties each year. The federal and state grants have not increased even with rising labor or food costs, in fact, some have been reduced. So COVE needs to raise each year about 26% of its $550,000 budget through grants and local support which is up from 20% six years ago. The need to secure funding of our services continues every year.
- JOIN "Keep COVE Afloat" the new COVE automatic giving program. One can conveniently auto-deduct a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual gift to help " Keep COVE Afloat"
- Donate to the COVE Mason Endowment Fund which annually provides 4% of the Endowment Fund for COVE's operating expenses. Community Foundation for Mason County, PO Box 10, Ludington, MI 4943l.
Consider putting COVE in your will or trust.
Become part of our fundraising efforts.
Bricks are available for purchase, 4"x 8" - $200, 8"x 8" - $500, 12"x 12" - $1,000
Contact Carrie Rangel with any questions, concerns and how to donate to COVE at (231}843-2541 Ext. 8 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in investing in COVE for Today and into the Future.
COVE Mason Endowment Fund
The COVE Mason Endowment Fund is a permanent endowment fund designed as a repository for gifts and bequests.
Donors who wish to assist in our community's efforts to eradicate domestic violence know that the income from their gift becomes a continuing funding source to strengthen and initiate programs when and where they are needed.
How does a gift to the Fund help?
Gifts to the fund are invested. A portion of the income is available for use in current programs. In this way the gift continues to give over the years.
Fund's assets are invested in combination with the Community Foundation of Mason County by the Community Foundation of Muskegon County and is managed by their investment management firm.
The assets are invested in a sound combination of income and long-term growth opportunities. Joint affiliation provides individual endowments with greater returns.
The COVE Mason Endowment Fund will provide income to the women's shelter for years to come.
Who gives to the COVE Mason Endowment Fund?
Donors to the Fund share a common commitment to help
- reduce violence in families
- reduce sexual assault in our society
- support individuals in crisis
- provide a safe environment and support services for those forced to leave their homes
- provide parenting education
Why give to the COVE Mason Endowment Fund?
1. Your gift is simple and direct. A contribution to the Fund ensures that services will continue regardless of outside and government funding.
2. Your gift is permanent. The Fund invests all gifts and, by agreement, uses only a percentage of the earning each year.
3. You receive tax benefits As a part of the Community Foundation for Mason County, the Fund qualifies as a public charity for federal tax purposes. You gift may qualify you for Michigan tax credit as well.
What can I give?
Friends of the Woman's Shelter can accept a variety of gifts:
- life insurance
- real estate
- tangible personal property
- retirement plans
- planned giving vehicles, such as gift annuities and charitable trusts
All welcomed by the Fund. Gifts may also be made in memory or in honor of loved
Opportunities for Giving
Whether it's time, money or supplies, your help is always needed. Here are some ideas but don't limit your giving to this partial list:
- Money - Support client needs and supplies
- Alarm Clocks - used to help get to appointments and work on time, also, given to residents when they relocate
- Dial-a-Ride Tokens - for medical and job appointments
- Gas Cards - to defray the cost of driving
- Phone Cards - long distance calling
- Baby Wipes / Diapers - for the many infants and toddlers who come to the shelter
- Children's and Womens socks and underwear - in crisis there is little to call one's own
- Laundry Soap / Dryer Sheets - for the 70 to 90 loads of of wash done weekly at the shelter
- Shampoo / Conditioner / Feminine Hygiene products to meet the needs of over 220 women per year
- Pillows,Sheets, Blankets - both for the shelter and as the women transition on their own
- Cleaning Supplies, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper - all needed to run a house with 14 - 16 people in it
- Plastic storage containers (any size) - to keep order and storage
- Canned goods / Cereal, etc - to help supply the almost 10,500 meals served yearly
- Computer paper, pencils & pens for teenagers as they do their homework
- Children craft supplies - to keep busy fingers happy and creative
Thank you for Giving!