| Please Donate...|
Click the donate button below to donate online.
Click the link below to download a printable form to use to donate to C O V E
Keep COVE Afloat!
Monthly sponsorship of COVE's programs and services help provide victims of abuse with around the clock care.
Your steady and reliable support in the form of a monthly gift will
help us provide tools, resources and programs that 250,000 lives depend
This consistent donation will help us operate:
- Specialized Victim Hotlines
- Shelters for Victims of Domestic Violence
- Community and Court Programs
- Drop-in Centers for Homeless Youth
- Many Other Urgently-Needed Services.
How Monthly Donations Work
The first charge will be issued today and will continue on the same date every month after.
Important TAX Information:
COVE is a non profit 501 (c)(3) Donations to COVE may be claimed on federal tax returns to the extent permitted by law.
(Your contribution to COVE will qualify as a charitable deduction on your Federal Income Tax Return )
You may always amend your taxes if you have already filed, check with a your tax advisor about your donations.
Fund Raising Collection
COVE is collecting used printer ink cartridges and cell phones to raise money. Collection box's are located at the COVE office and at the Women's Resource Center located in the Schoenherr Campus Building at West Shore Community College.-
Please call -- 231-843-2541 ext 26 if you need additional information.
The Donation Station is now open at the COVE office.
Opportunities for Giving
Whether it's time, money or supplies, your help is always needed. Here are some ideas but don't limit your giving to this partial list:
- Money - Support client needs and supplies
- Alarm Clocks - used to help get to appointments and work on time, also, given to residents when they relocate
- Dial-a-Ride Tokens - for medical and job appointments
- Gas Cards - to defray the cost of driving
- Phone Cards - long distance calling
- Baby Wipes / Diapers - for the many infants and toddlers who come to the shelter
- Children's and Womens socks and underwear - in crisis there is little to call one's own
- Laundry Soap / Dryer Sheets - for the 70 to 90 loads of of wash done weekly at the shelter
- Shampoo / Conditioner / Feminine Hygiene products to meet the needs of over 220 women per year
- Pillows,Sheets, Blankets - both for the shelter and as the women transition on their own
- Cleaning Supplies, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper - all needed to run a house with 14 - 16 people in it
- Plastic storage containers (any size) - to keep order and storage
- Canned goods / Cereal, etc - to help supply the almost 10,500 meals served yearly
- Computer paper, pencils & pens for teenagers as they do their homework
- Children craft supplies - to keep busy fingers happy and creative
Friends of the Woman's Shelter Fund
The Friends of the Woman's Shelter Fund is a permanent endowment fund designed as a repository for gifts and bequests.
Donors who wish to assist in our community's efforts to eradicate domestic violence know that the income from their gift becomes a continuing funding source to strengthen and initiate programs when and where they are needed.
How does a gift to the Fund help?
Gifts to the fund are invested. A portion of the income is available for use in current programs. In this way the gift continues to give over the years.
Fund's assets are invested in combination with the Community Foundation of Mason County by the Community Foundation of Muskegon County and is managed by their investment management firm.
The assets are invested in a sound combination of income and long-term growth opportunities. Joint affiliation provides individual endowments with greater returns.
The Friends of the Woman's Shelter Fund will provide income to the women's shelter for years to come.
Who gives to the Friends of the Woman's Shelter Fund?
Donors to the Fund share a common commitment to help
- reduce violence in families
- reduce sexual assault in our society
- support individuals in crisis
- provide a safe environment and support services for those forced to leave their homes
- provide parenting education
Why give to the Friends of the Woman's Shelter Fund?
1. Your gift is simple and direct. A contribution to the Fund ensures that services will continue regardless of outside and government funding.
2. Your gift is permanent. The Fund invests all gifts and, by agreement, uses only a percentage of the earning each year.
3. You receive tax benefits As a part of the Community Foundation for Mason County, the Fund qualifies as a public charity for federal tax purposes. You gift may qualify you for Michigan tax credit as well.
What can I give?
Friends of the Woman's Shelter can accept a variety of gifts:
- life insurance
- real estate
- tangible personal property
- retirement plans
- planned giving vehicles, such as gift annuities and charitable trusts
All welcomed by the Fund. Gifts may also be made in memory or in honor of loved ones.
Thank you for Giving!