• In a single day in 2014, Michigan domestic violence programs provided services to 2,492 victims/survivors.
• In 2009, 103,331 incidents of domestic violence were reported to Michigan police. Many others went unreported.
• Over half of domestic violence homicides in Michigan are committed with guns.
• An estimated 18.2% of Michigan women will experience stalking in their lifetimes.
DID YOU KNOW?
• 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men in the United States have experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner.
• On a typical day, domestic violence hotlines receive approximately 21,000 calls, approximately 15 calls every minute.
• Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
• The presence of a gun in the home during a domestic violence incident increases the risk of homicide by at least 500%.
• 72% of all murder-suicides involve an intimate partner; 94% of the victims of these crimes are female.